California Professional Standards for Educational Leaders CPSELs
The CPSELs are professional standards designed to guide the development and work of school administrators in CA. These standards provide a common language that can be used for self-development of administrators.
The CPSELs identify educational leaders as particularly responsible for developing the skills and resources necessary to implement local accountability systems.
On these pages, I share some samples of how I have met or am striving to meet the CPSELs. These six standards, help guide the path to successful practice and a successful school culture and community.
The six CPSELs are:
1. Vision of Learning
2. Student Learning and Professional Growth
3. Organizational Management for Student Learning
4. Working with Diverse Families and Communities
5. Personal Ethics and Leadership Capacity
6. Political, Social, Economic, Legal and Cultural Understandings